March 11, 2016
Since the Second World War 98% of the UK’s wildflower meadows have disappeared having a big effect in the decline of bees & butterflies.
Affordable and attractive, Wildflower Turf has a specially selected mix of native and wildlife friendly flowers and grasses that are pre-grown on a proven matting system.
The mix of 34 perennial and biennial plants will keep flowering year after year and will provide food and habitat for bees, butterflies, small mammals and birds alike. Flowering plants make up 70% of the mix, which provides a rich source of pollen and nectar for a wide range of insects. The remaining 30% of the mix is made up of native grasses, which are perfect perches for insects and laval food for butterflies and moths.
Give us a call on 01234 714555 to find out further information on how you can do your bit for the environment.